Tuesday, December 1, 2009

August

August is the last month I need to do before I am caught up (November is just ending so I can't be behind yet!) It was the best month because Jordan had no school this month so I had more help and we were able to go out and do more. Also, this was the best month because we were able to go back and see family!! It was most of our families first time meeting Ava which was exciting for us to show off our little girl!

September got cold pretty fast so it was nice to have a month of good weather. In April my Dad planted a garden for me, he did the hard part, I just needed to keep it up. I didn't realize how hard it would be. I have heard this saying more than once "There is a time and a season for everything". Well this was not my time or season to have a garden. The weeds grew faster than I knew what to do. So by the end of the summer this is how my garden looked, sorry Dad! It was obvious that this was my fist garden. I thought the flowers on broccoli were what turned into broccoli. I found out later once the broccoli grew flowers it was bad, I should have already picked it. so the picture on the right is what my broccoli looked like. Next year I am not even trying, my season will come, just not now!




The boys love being big brothers to Ava and had a good time pushing her one the swing






Playing outside in the pool was one of my kids favorite thing to do this summer. Even better, they loved playing with the hoses. The onre from our front yard reached into the backyard so they both were able to have one









Just some cute pics of my kids



Ava loves to bounce, even now. She is so full of energy and smiles!




This was a fun day. I wish I realized this beach was even here before hand. I had heard of the beaches, but didn't know what they were like here. Next summer we will have to come here more often! The boys had a lot of fun in the sand, and to my surpirse they just walked right into the water, something I did not think they would do. Ava also loved the water. Jordan took her out and she love splashing in the water, that was the first i had ever seen her do that, now she does it all the time, she loves water. Gavin was afraid to go out far with Jordan, but he did a good thing and took him out anyway and he really enjoyed it, they all got some good Daddy time in. This was a good day!




Time with Daddy





When we went down to Idaho to have Ava sealed to us, we first made our way to Utah visit with Jordan's family who would not be able to make it. It was only a couple of days, but we fit a lot in. Our kids got to visit with their Great Grandma and she got to meet Ava for the fist time. We went to this really fun pool area in her neighborhood that had a little pool that was perfect for my kids to play in, I wish all pool areas had pools like this, they had a lot of fun in it with Jordan's family. We also went down to Lindon to visit with Jordan's Aunt who amde dinner for us. We are so gratful to them, they let us borrow an extra car they had to drive down to Idaho and use it while we were there, his parents drove it back after the sealing, we felt truely blessed, it was so helpful to us! What would we do without family!



This is one of my favorite pictures- Gavin with his Uncle Ben


Ava was so funny, she again, LOVED the water. She splashed away. This was the first time I have heard her laugh as hard as she was in the pool, we caught it on tape...










This time when we went to Idaho we stayed with my sister, is was perfect for us. Even thought I love staying with my parents do I have more time with them, this was perfect. My parents are both gone during the day and most of the evening anyway, so this time my kids got a little more one on one time with some of their cousins and I had a little more time with my sister. My kids were fully entertained with their cousins and all their toys, and my sister was just as slow as me when it came to getting ready for the day, and getting any where for that matter. It was good to have that time with her and her family.


My parents had met Ava earlier in April, but everyone else had never seen her. It was fun to see little Ava with all her Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and Grandparents.

I don'tk now what it was, but the boys loved sitting on these stairs and getting their picture taken. These chairs helped them get a better grasp of walking down our stairs. These ones were good for them to learn on...they had carpet!



My sweet parents, i love them and I am grateful for all they do for me and to have them in my life. They are great examples to me, it is hard being so far away!

3 comments:

Donna said...

You ar a posting maniac!! WHERE in the WORLD are you finding TIME to blog?

Amazing!

What an awesome post - so many good photos and so much love!

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

Don't let me fool you. I worked on this one for weeks....

Tara G. said...

So we finally get your approval for Ava to date Josh, eh? Haha, you are such a brat. But I love ya anyway! We seriously need to catch up soon...when will you have a free day?? Oh - in about 18 years? Cool. I swear you are super mom.