Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bath Time


So, I swore off giving my kids baths by myself, unless I am doing one at a time which is what I do with Easton in the mornings. But the other 3 I decided to to only when Jordan is home. My kids were in need of a bath, so I attempted it byself today since Jordan had classes tonight. I was finishing up feeding Easton with sweet crying little Ava at my side. I told my boys as soons as I was done I would give them a bubble bath. My boys went into the bathroom and I thought they had just gotten ahold of their bath toys, but when I went into the bathroom they had found the brand new tub of bubble bath tha tI had boughten especially big so I wouldn't run out since it is hard for me to get to the store, and dumped it ALL in the bathtub. I started loosing my cool, but caught myself and took pictures of there very big bubble bath and got a good laugh instead. The boys had a lot of fun splashing bubbles and water all over the bathroom and then while I was getting Ava all lotioned up and in her Pj's my boys got out by themselves covered in bubbles.

It gets stressful when I have all kids crying or 3 out of the 4. So I am trying, key word trying, to learn to keep my cool and choose my battles. In this instance I was glad I stopped myself, because A) bubble bath is replaceable B) my boys had fun and C) I got some pictures for the memories. When I get mad and yell at my kids it only makes them cry louder and makes nothing better. When I found out I was pregnant I have always said that this is the Lord trying to teach me patience because I am so far from haivng any!

5 comments:

Tara G. said...

Way to stay positive. I always lose my cool and end up yelling at Maya and it solves NOTHING. At least they poured the bubble bath into the bathtub!

Tanya said...

you are doing a great job. your kids are all adorable. one thing i have learned about being a mom as that i just strive to get better each day. i can feel myself progressing even though i am not perfect. those 4 children are luck to have you.

Nikki Ogden said...

Dish soap works just as well as the expensive bubble bath. You don't have to have as much, you always have it on hand and it is designed to clean things and make your hands soft at the same time.
You are an amazing example to me! When I grow up I want to be more like you!!!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

They are so cute! I miss you and think about all the time. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Matt and Tommi +4 said...

I know you probably don't feel like it but you really are an inspiration! I think you are doing an amazing job. I'm trying to follow your example!!!