Saturday, December 5, 2009

He loves me!!!

Yesterday we had a friend call and say she had something to bring by. When she got here she said she had been having a conversation with another lady at church and they were talking about what they could do for us. They decided it would be a good idea to take their left overs from the big meals they make for their families and save them aside in the freezer and bring them by to us. When she left I got on the phone with my Mom and said " Mom, Heavenly Father loves me..." I am reminded everyday by small things that he does that he is here for our family, but this was a big thing to me. Dinner is the one thing I have a hard time making these days. I have a very small window during nap time to make something, and that is if there are no interruptions which is very rare these days with all my sick children and there recent very short naps. This was truly an answer to my prayers. I feel so far from where the Lord would like me to be as a mother, wife, and daughter yet he continues to show me an abundance of love. He is truly an example to me of the way I should be showing love to others as he shows it to me.

We are so lucky to have such loving friends and family that care about us and want to help. I know I am not the easiest person to help, I feel like if everyone had someone helping them with their kids, or dinner, or cleaning up, that anyone's life would be made less stressful. So if I am getting help so should everyone else! But I do recognize times when I do need it and my VT has been so great in letting us know we can call her. She has been amazing. We left town for Ava's sealing in August and left a messy house. We came home to a very clean house with folded laundry and everything. My Visiting Teacher got a key to our house and cleaned it for us while we were gone. We are so grateful for all she does. The Lord has definitely made our situation doable, not easy, but doable. We know that the Lord is with us each step of the way and the gratitude we have for him and for all the people who have helped us and touched our lives is overwhelming. Thank you to all those who have kept us in your prayers or who continually let us know they are here for support!

I had 4 weeks of amazing help (one of those weeks was Jordan on his own). We are grateful for all they did...








2 comments:

Michelle Colt said...

I'm so glad that you are getting help!! I wish I was closer for that reason!! Nate and I worry about you all the time and keep you in our prayers! We love you guys so much! Keep up the good work!

Dayna said...

oh my goodness chandra if you ever need anything please please please let me know! I know I am states away but I am here. I truthfully pray for you often because I can hardly handle gabe let alone 4! You are a saint of a mother! Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers always! Thank goodness for relief society and good friends!