Monday, November 30, 2009

The Dr.'s office

Today was a successful day. I accomplished something I thought I could never do. I went to the Dr.'s office with all my kids by myself. It wasn't as bad as I had expected. My boys were getting their 2nd dosage of the H1N1 shot. When the nurse walked in Gavin started bawling. They were getting the mist this time so it wasn't even the shot. Ayden had his turn and when gavin new it was his turn, he jumped on the floor and crawled under the chair bawling for his life, it was kind of funny, but I know, sad. I am gratful for our stoller, that is they only way I could do it. I had the 3 older kids in the stoller and Easton in the sling. Every day is different with them, but this day wasn't so bad at the Dr.- hard, but it could have been worse. The hardest part was getting home a little after lunch and getting all diapers changed, making sandwiches, and getting Ava her bottle all before there were any melt downs because of tired babies or a melt down from Easton who was also hungry. All I can say is I made it and so did my kids!

6 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

You are truly amazing! When I get home in January I would love to come and lend you a hand sometime. You are a great example.

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

I am so proud of you! Your an awesome mother. Love and miss you!

JoJo said...

Not only is it inspiring what you do every day, but it is especially inspiring because I know you do it well. Keep it up! Everyone tells us these years go quickly right?

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

Thanks, but I feel like by the time I learn how to keep my cool, they'll be all grown up!

The Bennett's Tall Tales and True Stories said...

Chandra! I have no idea how you're keeping it together. I'm freaking out about just having two!!! You must be a sweet spirit to deal with all of this at once, and trust me, we all have melt downs and loose our cool plenty! And again, I only have one! ha! I'm amazed and inspired by you...you should keep logging all of this and then write a book...seriously. I know I'm 45 min away, but if you need a break, just give me a call. SERIOUSLY!

Mandee said...

Wow...WOW!! You are wonder woman!! 4 babies?! I can't believe it!! They are all so beautiful! Congrats!!!

"I will be dreaming of you tonight"