Friday, January 2, 2009

Distractions!

So these are some of the many reasons I have not blogged in the last couple of months. When I have a project in mind, that is all I can think about until I do it and finish it. I wanted to make Our Christmas PJ's and not being very experienced in patterns was quit a job for me, but I was excited how they all turned out!! I won't talk about the upside down mooses on Gavin's PJ's or the collars and pockets that I had to keep stitching and unstitching before I got it right, oh and best one yet, when I was putting the snap button on, the wonderful hole that went through the very time consuming PJ top!!


I was excited about all I learned!! I was able to put the elastic and drawstrings on the top yoke, I did my first button whole, the the boys PJ tops where trials of there own, but a great learning experience, everything about it was difficult the first time, but after doing it once (and fixing it a million times) the second one was a piece of cake!!

I also was very excited about the boys blankets that I made, I was proud of them!! Gavin is a blankie addict, he loves the side that is all soft and rubs his fingers along it. If you give it to him on the flannel side he moves it around until he finds the soft part to rub. So I decided to make them rag quilts with the soft fabric all on one side. Jordan says he helped make it, his contribution was the measurements. He really is great. I draw him a picture of what I want to make and the overall size and he figures out how big each piece needs to be, what a great man!!!

Now this fist one I wish I would have put some of the soft squares on the front and made the designs on the the big squares in different fabric so they would stand out more, but I have to say, I was very proud of my pirate ship!! The other designs are a bird on a twig, an octopus and a shark.

This sports one I wasn't to sure about how all the fabrics would go, but once it all came together I loved it!!


And finally the last of my distractions, but still continuing until I am done, I have officially become a true Twilight Fan! It is true, you don't believe it until you start reading it, but man, it is addicting, I never knew I could read a book so fast and have it be a top priority. I am now on the last book, I don't want it to end, it's a like a movie I can't stop watching. I can't stop the excitement I feel while I read this, except for the second book where I was waiting for Edward!! My husband is truly worried.

So now that most of my projects are done, I can start catching up on my blogging!! Somthing that has been nagging the back of my mind forever, or at least the last month and a half!!

5 comments:

Jason Both said...

Way to go Chandra!!! I know how it is to get wrapped up in projects. When I have a project, everything else gets neglected till I'm done.

Michelle Colt said...

Chandra - I only wish I had your talent and your drive!! you do an awesome job!! Just next time could you do like quadrouple for my family too! :) j/k By the way.. the few picks that I put on my blog so far are ones that were before you were there thanks you very much. Those are yet to come!! Love ya.

JoJo said...

So I'm guess Michelle that just commented is the subject of the story I am about to tell you.

Today at church I saw this girl that looked JUST LIKE YOU. I asked her what her maiden name was and she said Simmons. I knew it had to be your sister. Anyway, I guess she moved into my ward. And her little girl and boy that were in primary were adorable, and actually, also looked like you.

Anyway, your projects inspire me.

Laura said...

wow, those pjs are great! Im so impressed. and I love the quilts. They turned out so cute. great job. I love twilight too. did you see the movie yet? brandon thought it was so cheesy, but I loved every minute of it!

carlpam3 said...

your boys are so cute. I love looking at all your new pictures and reading your updates. I love my family and this is the next best thing to seeing you in person. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with me!
love ya pam