Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Home made Pizza


Ok so I know this sounds pretty lame, but I made my first home made pizza!!! I was so proud of it!! We are trying to figure out ways to cut costs, especially in the food area. I feel like I am always scrambling to find something the boys like so I always feel like I need to have options, hence, spending to much money on food! I know, I am probably making things harder than they need to be. So we love pizza and since we are trying not to "order out" I decided to make it. It was fun and it was pretty tasty! I wasn't sure how much it would rise so it was a little thicker than I wanted in the end, but still good. That just means next time it will be even better!

After it was all cooked!

The recipe I got for the pizza dough was from a recipe book that came with my Kitchen Aide
Here it is:

Ingredients
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (105 deg F- 115 deg F)
1/2 TSP Salt
2 TSPS olive oil
21/2 - 31/2 cups Flour (I used 3)
1 TBSP cornmeal

Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixer bowl (I didn't do anything special to my bowl). Add salt, olive oil and 21/2 cups flour. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer (Kitchen aide) If you have a dough hook on a blender I am sure that works as well. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 1 min.

Continue on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl, about 2 min. Knead on speed 2 about 2 min. longer.

Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover.( I just poured some olive oil on it and rubbed it into all of the outside of the dough and left it in the same bowl) Let rise in warm place free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk. Punch dough down.

Brush 14-inch pizza pan with oil. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Press dough across bottom of pan, forming a collar around edge to hold toppings. Add toppings as desired. Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Ok I always use Pilsbury pizza dough but I am wanting a homemade recipe...what was yours?!? I like thicker crust!

The Coach and his Wife said...

That looks good-when we were in Laramie we were trying not to eat out as much (well we still are) and we were addicted to pizza so I thought I could make some..lets just say it didnt turn out at all like yours! It was a good learning experience-i cant make pizza-and it is kinda easy! Oh-my kitchen table-I love it Dusty actually made it in high school for KC and Darelyn and when they got a new table I told them I wanted it!

Laura said...

Looks great Chandra. I love making homemade pizza. I just started making wheat bread too. Thats going to save us a lot of money, too.