Friday, May 9, 2008

Florida Vacation


Well, we just got back from vacation, at least it still seems that way. It took me FOREVER to get all my things unpacked! The boys were held the entire time and got use to it and when we got back I couldn't leave their side. Things are finally getting back to normal and I can finally post some pictures.

We had such a great time and it was so fun to go with family. Ellie and Haven are so cute with their little cousins. Haven and Gavin seem to have hit it off, they are so cute together. Ellie was my little buddy with our matching green jackets and our freaking cool sunglasses, I love my little nieces. It will be even more fun for the boys to play with their cousins when they can start moving around on their own.

The first few days we went to Cocoa Beach, it was so nice to just be at the beach. Jordan took them both out for their first dip in the ocean. It was funny because if you put their feet down to touch the water they would cry, but Jordan said they did ok if you dipped them in water as long as you held them close. The day we took the boys out it was really windy, so it was a good thing for their sun glasses or they would have had sand all in their eyes, but wind or no wind it was still a lot of fun, come on we were at the beach, whether we are just sitting around or moving around the beach is always fun! Our hotel room had tile floors, which is understandable with all the sand coming in and out, but hard on the boys. Because of it, we couldn't put them down, it was a little hard on us too. It was nice when we got to our second hotel room where there was carpet!!

The next few days we spent in Orlando. We went to Sea World and Universal Studios, both were a lot of fun. The hotel was nice and it had a pool so the boys went for their first "official" swim. Ayden was cracking up the entire time and loved it while Gavin was just kicken' it being chill =)...I don't think he knew what to think, but he still seemed to have a good time. We also hit downtown Disney which is a nice break to just walk around a look around in the stores. Jordan and I got our 2 Disney mugs that we collect every time we go down to Florida and we were excited to get some Ghiradelli ice cream, but it was under construction.

I would have to say Sea World was my favorite, you can't beat the shows. Gavin went on his first Carousel ride and loved it, he had a smile on his face the whole ride. At Universal they were doing a call for people to be on the "Fear Factor" show they had going on. I wanted to be on the show so bad, I thought it would be a lot of fun, but there was one problem, I needed a partner and I was with all of America's biggest wimps. My husband, who wouldn't even support me and almost let this opportunity pass me by because he couldn't man up =) (he knows I love him), and Kassie, I was really disappointed, come on where's the sisterhood (yes Kassie it is true, I am calling you a wimp) and Travis, well, we already know he has hit the charts for Worlds Biggest Wimp. So, I had to find a partner. luckily I did and I was on the show. We had to swallow a smoothie that had fish guts, live june bugs, raw meat, and sour milk. Really it wasn't that bad, it tasted like sardines, the killer was the texture. They barely blended the thing and that is what makes you want to gag. I was proud to say nothing came out of my mouth, in the video you can see my partners spew going across the screen, I was point seconds away from winning. Whatever, they won a mug, it was still a fun experience. Now I know "fear is not a factor for me!"


The boys did really well. They either slept in the back pack Jordan was hauling one of them around in, or in the Bijorn I had on. At the end of each day we were pooped and ready for bed! Gavin did great until the day was over and he had to get in the car, then he had a little freak out the entire way to the hotel. Ayden, well, I think we loves his schedule because he was sure missing it, but for the most part, what good boys we have, we were so proud of them! We had a great time and we are excited to go back, we just need to get those $8 tickets and we'll be set!

5 comments:

Tara G. said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! That baby bjorn looks familiar, I hope you're planning on returning it someday. And it better not have barf or rotten octopus on it from your trip. :) thanks, BYE

Steph said...

Girl, you KNOW I would have drank that nasty drink with you and we would have WON! Survivor here I come!!! :) PS freaking cutest pic ever of your little fam on the beach. Love you girl!

Mal said...

Wow Chandra I'm impressed with your fear factor skills. I'm pretty sure I would be with everyone else in the wimp club. Cute pics!

Jenn said...

SO MUCH FUN! You look like you had a blast. Your lucky boys!!! You take such great care of them!!!!

The Gibson's said...

I knew you were a little crazy but my hat goes off to you for drinking that crap and not even gaging. I wouldn't have made it pass the first swallow. Great job and it looks like you all had fun.