Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pet Squirrel

We have a pet squirrel. We have not named him, and I am sure we probably won't. He has hung around our house since we moved in. Last year he came around and my boys would always go chasing him down the street. My boys also have a great hobby I like to call it of window watching. Those two little heads are always poking out the window, it is a great site to see when coming home. We had one instance last year when the boys were looking out the window. They were watching the squirrels play and then I swear it's this same squirrel, came right up to the window and just starred at them. This year he has started coming closer and not seeming to afraid of the boys.

Today was a great squirrel story...

So we were outside eating lunch and the squirrel had been coming around. Ava didn't want the rest of her sandwich, so I asked the boys if we should feed the squirrel. So we put it a distance away from us and the kids were eating their grapes. They kept looking over at the sandwich and saying "sandwich, squirrel, eat" . Well just like I thought he would, the squirrel came, and was sniffing all around all of their toys until he came to the sandwich, he grabbed it, put it in his mouth and ran to the front. My kids followed him out into the tree where the squirrel sat and ate it in front of them, not hesitant to move a muscle and just contently finish his sandwich. It was the highlight of my boys day. Now, when ever they see the tree or where we put the sandwich I hear "sandwich squirrel, eat".


The boys starring at the squirrel



The boys watching him eat his sandwich

1 comment:

Tara G. said...

That is too funny. Are you loving this weather!? We have already been spending lots of time outside. Love it! Hey, do you make all of Ava's little hair clips?