Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ava turns 1


Stats:
Weight - 19 lbs 11.2 oz 10-25%
Length - 27 1/2 in. 10%
Head Size - 45 cm 25-50%








Ava had a rough start to her birthday, she was sick, which seemed to be the theme of the last 2 months!! So, we had some good moments and some not so good moments...

Like always and not just today, she is our princess


This was the only gift she kind of opened, with the boys help


One of the not so good moments, we tried on her birthday and she wasn't up to it, and then we tried again the next day and still not in the mood...


She warmed up



She started feeling well enough to play with some of her birthday toys, this magnet things is awesome for her, this is one of the toys she plays with most

Kissing her first little baby doll

Waving

And my favorite, her little growly face. My parents use to call me growly bear when I was little, maybe she'll get the same nick name, but for different reasons. I think mine was either for my raspy voice, or my temper. Ava has neither of those, just a little growl she likes to do.

5 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

She is such a doll. About you just love having a girl.All the best to Ava.

Jason Both said...

Such a cute girl!
We have a new public blog. http://funinanutshell.blogspot.com

sarah e. said...

Ava is adorable as are the rest of your kids! I spent some of my girls' precious naptime looking at your blog through Kristen's (since she rarely updates...haha :))hoping to see a pic of your newest little guy and just have to tell you how AMAZING you are.

I CANNOT BELIEVE how you manage to feed, cloth, and care for four babies and still manage to stay halfway sane, much less keep house and keep record of your darlings' lives WITH your husband doing work and school. It's like a sitcom in the making: My Three Sons and One Daughter...maybe the title needs work.

I noticed you were saying you feel behind on your blog, but I think you keep it up marvolously well. Your kids are going to thank you someday for all the cute memories you recorded both in pictures and words (and you'll probably thank yourself as well). You must be perpetually exhausted. That's the only reason I can find for you feeling inadequate. No one could care for four and have things go smoothly all the time but it seems to me you are doing amazingly well. I sometimes feel overwhelmed and am in my pajamas until noon somedays with just two and they seem to be fairly easy as babies go, so I cannot imagine. The Lord must think you and Jordan are pretty special to be able to juggle all that you are right now.

Be sure to tell Jordan he is amazing as well (which I'm sure you do). I bet there aren't many men that could handle all the stress of kids, work, and school that he does.

And by the way, your family portrait is BEAUTIFUL. You are such a pretty mom. I don't know how you don't have lines from all the stress. Maybe the laughter makes up for it. Those are some cute kids.

Carla Geddes said...

She is so beautiful Chandra. Happy Birthday Ava. Can't believe she is still so dainty and small. Luke just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Michelle Colt said...

She looks so darn grown up in her pics! I know it feels like slow motion over there, but time is flying!! I can't believe she's one already!