Thursday, March 25, 2010

February 2010

Wow, February has come and gone, and now we are in APRIL! I can't believe how quickly this year is flying. It makes my countdown until Jordan's graduation seem more real! This was a fun month for us, at least as I go through these pictures, we had some "good days" as I like to call all our happy moments, because in the mix there are plenty of tough days as well.


My kids showing off their Popsicle, there favorite snack! I try to get the sugar free kind to make myself feel like they aren't eating junk all the time.


My kids got this in nursery, they are little quiet books with velcro to match the pictures, creative! I would never have thought of that!


This was what my kids did all through the month of Feb. It kept them busy which meant they weren't all over me all day, so it was fine with me.

In the first video clip they are jumping into my pile of clean laundry. I am just not fast enough at putting it away!



They also found the couch a fun place to eat and play with toys, it's kind of gross underneath those cushions!

My boys thinking decorations are toys


Ava is a good little eater these days. Her favorite is spaghetti


Showing off their Valentines gifts



So, I got a little daring this month and instead of doing the same old boring day we do of playing with toys downstairs because it is to cold to go out. I wanted to make the recipe my Mom always made for Valentine sugar cookies. I thought it would be fun for my boys to decorate, and they sure did!



I didn't have sprinkles or anything, so I gave them marshmallows to put on their cookies


The final product. Aydens on the left, Gavin's on the right.


Then, I got a little more daring and I got my little sponge paint brushes and let them paint with pudding. It was a MESS! The flicks of chocolate pudding stayed on my walls for weeks and on the back of my chairs, I know gross.


My boys are so different in everything they do. Look at the difference in their painting. Ayden globed his paint all over the table...


Whereas Gavin would take a little bit at a time and brush it on


Ayden puts everything in his mouth and he got pretty excited when I told him it was OK to do it. He kept looking to see if he was going to get in trouble.

Gavin wasn't interested


They got bored of the brushes so the finger painting began...


Our sweet little Easton, he has such a big smile!

He had a lot of firsts this month....

He sat in his exersaucer for the first time



And his little jumper


And it was his first time trying food, he did alright and little messy and not much got in, but we didn't expect much more.


He also staring sitting in bumbo more (well it was Ava's first, that is why it's pink). This is him watching all the other kids get a bath, he gets his in the morning


And like all my other kids, we needed to get a picture of him in the sling


One trial I face every day is t he boys staying away from Easton and Ava, they are always making them cry! Not on purpose of course, at least not all the time. This is one of the sweet moments Gavin was having with Easton.

Easton has tried this a few times, I think he looks so cute here

Ava Started walking a lot more this month, which is wierd to say because it is now April and seems like she has been walking forver. She has been loving it and life has been so much better. However, the boys still like picking on her walking or no walking...




We had a few warm days this month which was a good reminder that things are going to be getting better soon. We had fun outside for the first time in a LONG time...




Now, I am no super mom - These were a few projects I recently finished over long periods of time. The bag and blanket I did for my sister I started at the end of December and finished the beginning of March. On a normal slow pace, it should have taken me a week or two, so I was in super slow pace.

1 comment:

Matt and Tommi +4 said...

They are all getting SO big! I can't believe it! And i don't care what you say Chan, you ARE a supermom! You do a fantastic job! I wish you were here in Boise so we could hang out!!!! You're an inspiration!