Monday, January 11, 2010

Our December break

Our sweet little Ava has been sick for almost all of last month. She had an infection in her toe. You would think it wouldn't cause as much trouble as it did, but after a few trips to the Dr., a trip to the ER and then sending her home saying she just had a fever of 103 because of a virus and her toe was bruised, and then another trip to the Dr. the next day because her toe was twice the size. So after all this and many tearful visits after to the Dr. to check up on her and a lot of foot soaking, this sweet little girl is still giving us such sweet smiles, we love her! Again, I know the Lord is watching over us, this happened just as Jordan was getting his 2 weeks off for the break. I couldn't have taken care of her and our other three with out him.


A Few clips of Ava. She is hopefully in the beginnings of getting those two feet moving. She is so funny and gets so proud of herself when she stands, she claps every time for herself. The next clip is when my Dad was her in November, he always got a good laugh out of her. He was throwing a ball to her she would push it off her exersaucer and crack up. And the third is showing the effects my boys have on her.



Ayden is so busy and passionate about everything, happy or sad. He sure comes up with silly things to keep him busy.


The boys are always into wanting us to see what crazy thing they are doing and are always saying "MOM, look" Gavin can be pretty silly and thinks he is one funny guy!


Towards the end of November my kids became binky free! This is how we did it for them. They were chewing through their binkys in a matter of hours. So, we found these monsters that were teething binky's ment for like 1 yr olds (I am sure because they assume you should be getting your kids off binkys by then- oh well, they made us and them happy!). They were pretty tough suckers and it may have taken them a week, but don't worry, my boys chewed through those as well. So after going through two sets of those I said "ok, there broken, lets throw them away" and they walked with me to the garbage and threw them away. I think what helped them was they were no longer sucking, they were chewing so they didn't have that sucking soothing motion, which I think is why the binki is so addicting. What do I know- it worked! And by the way, we know how gay they look, they all came looking the same in two colors, pink or blue.


I am trying to find ways to calm them down a little, so I tried to get them to sit and watch a movie with popcorn so I could get some things done, which didn't work. Here they are with their popcorn and a movie.


Our play room- it's nothing spectacular and in a cold unfinished basement, but man, it is the best thing for us right now. This is where we are almost all day long. I don't worry about the mess and they all are happy, as long as my attention is on them and not something else, like blogging or sewing- that is when the whining and problems start.


The boys love playing and bugging Ava - she likes it when they are not all over her- I would say this is a good distance, especially with something between them!

Gavin is not to happy about sharing "his" horse


But he does love her!


2 comments:

Tara G. said...

Got your VM about your laundry detergent...you crack me up. Thanks a lot, I bought a huge box of Tide already! Glad the boys did so well getting off the paci...I hated doing it with Maya!

Jens and Patricia said...

SUCH cute kids! It is seriuosly such a relief to get off the binki!