Thursday, September 24, 2009

The boys got a haircut

So anything having to do with the boys is always an adventure and a wrestling match! They hate having their hair washed, it for some reason is torture for them and always has been since they were born!

There hair us such high maintenance Ayden has a sensitive head, and always has, and we comb it and get all the knots out after we wash it, which is once a week for their hair type, which is not that bad, but it takes him about 15 minutes of recovery time after combing through it which takes all of about 2 minutes. And Gavin's hair really should be done about once a week, but sometimes I don't get to it until about every 2 and it takes about 45 minutes to do, an he does really well for a 2 year old to sit for that long, I think he knows that is just how it works, he sits on my lap with a snack and watches cartoons, I think he likes the individual mommy time. But really it's hard enough to keep up with now, after this next baby it is just another thing I'll have to do, so we decided for now it is easiest to just cut their hair short!

To prepare them we put them in their high chairs and gave them some suckers and tootsie rolls (Yeah I know real healthy) but for such a dramatic thing for them it's well worth it. So first put the cape on Gavin and he saw me get my clippers out and all of a sudden we hear from him "Done, Done, Done" he knew what was coming. I turned it on and then the tears came screaming out, but the funniest part is when I took my scissors to clip his dreads off to make it easier to go through with the clippers one fell on his cape and he pointed at it with shriek of terror, it was really very funny, I wish we had it on tape. Ayden on the other hand sat eating his sucker watching with a smile until it was his turn. The crying came as we put the cape on. Now if we thought Gavin was hard, Ayden was much harder. He really put a fight in, Jordan actually had to hold his head down with some force because Ayden was pretty dang tough trying to get those clippers away from his head. I can't decide which is worse having to clipper his head every couple of months or combing through his hair once a week. Afterward, they were all smiles, we gave them some Dots from our halloween candy and they got over it pretty quick and are always feeling each others heads. I tell them how handsome they are with their new haircuts and they get big smiles on their faces.

Here are their before and after pictures. At first it was a pretty dramatic change for me, but by the next morning I really liked it, they look like such big boys and are so handsome!

BEFORE



After


This was pretty cute. The next morning while I was bathing Ava, the boys were fighting over a book. I told Ayden to go get his own and they both kind of walked away and I didn't hear anything. When I came out this is what I saw, my sweet little boys sharing the book together going over their animal noises and watching cartoons, this is one of those precious moments that make me realize how much they are really growing up!



3 comments:

Jess and Tom Francom said...

I was just thinking about you this morning! Way cute posts as usual. Hang in there..... you're almost there. Then what? Ha. Thinking of you...

Laura said...

They look so cute!! Great haircuts!

Michelle Colt said...

Holy shocker!! That's gonna take some getting used to. What cute boys! Do they love it?! Not having all that hair weight?! :)