Saturday, September 26, 2009

35 Weeks and counting



I had my 35 week appointment on Friday and she said I was 1 cent. dialated and my wall was very thin and that I was past the point of needing to be induced, so I would for sure have this baby on my own most likely before my due date. From what I hear they can say that and I can still be over due. The baby's head is down and he has dropped. I am ready for him to be out of my body, but not quite ready for him to come!!

I was reading a story in the Ensign and at the end the lady telling a story about her life and family said "I believe that the Lord wants us to "be believing" and that He wants us not to give up on Him or His timing or His ways. I know that this kind of faith-this kind of love-will guide my family and me as we work together to be an eternal family"

What comfort these words brought to me as we prepare for our new child to come into this world. It is overwhelming to think about what this next year and a half will be like with 4 children so young and my husband in school. It has already been a struggle and I wonder how the Lord expects me to handle these long days and still be sane. But what I do know is that he will be there with me through it all, and He knows what he is doing far more than I do, so I trust him, and I am grateful that he has blessed me and trusted me with all of my beautiful children and has given me this opportunity to bring another one of his children into this world. I truly feel blessed.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Chandra, you are so adorable with that belly!! Im excited for you to have him. You do such a great job with your children, Im sure you will be able to handle #4 just fine.

Michelle Colt said...

So you're sending me that dress right?! ha ha Just kidding. It will be super cute not prego!! Those clothes are the best, the one's you can where during and after too!! It's not such a waste that way!!

Tara G. said...

Chandra you are such a cute knocked up girl! LOL. J/K You handle everything so well and you are an awesome mom. Can't wait to hear about your little guy! Let us know if you need anything.

Mandi said...

Good luck Chandra! I hope everything goes well with your labor and delivery. We can't wait to see baby pictures!

Matt and Tommi +4 said...

You are such an inspiration Chandra. You do a wonderful job. I wish we lived closer to one another.
You are in my prayers. Hang in there!

Carla Geddes said...

Chandra, you are such an inspiration. I just don't know how you do it. Some days, I want to pull my hair out with Luke, and he is the only one I have. I have been spoiled with Jake home with me for 4 months, so it's be 2:1 with Luke...now I am unsure of how I will cope when he goes back to work, cos Luke really can be very challenging at times... I think all I have to do when Luke is giving me a rough day is think about you... chances are, your day is probably going rougher with your 4 little ones. LOL. Heavenly Father must trust you something serious to give you so many of his children so close together. You are doing such a great job with them. :D

The Michiganders said...

Chandra--I am so happy for you. You are such an amazing mother. The sealing photos were so beautiful! Good luck with the new baby. I would love to help if there is ever anything you need.

Kellen, Kathy said...

Chandra! I can't believe you are almost there already! I hardly even see you anymore! Just remember that God helps us through the tough times, but He also doesn't expect us to do everything by ourselves! I know we are all "busy" with our own little lives, but seriously, when you need help (even just for a few minutes of sanity), let me know (or anyone else who has offered for that matter :P)...we need that opportunity just as much as you do! Don't be afraid to bother me, I would love to help you with anything!