Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Trip to Boise

All the Grandkids



It was definitely time for me to get back to Boise! The time before this I think the last time I was in Boise was Christmas of '06. I didn't know how I could travel for as long as our flight was by myself, so I asked around if anyone wanted a trip to Boise and found someone in our ward that had a daughter at Ricks so she came down with me and went and saw her daughter. It was very helpful to have the extra pair of hands. It is amazing how many people I met at the airport and came up and talked to me just because I had twins. One couple was telling me about their 2 year old grandsons who were twins and another lady was on her way to visit her daughter who just had twins. I also ran into a couple who had adopted their beautiful daughter Kai, wh o was 2, from China and they were so nice to talk to. Kai was so cute with the boys, she would make silly faces to make them smile and she got out her books to read to them, she was so dang cute with so much personality. So many people offered to hold one, I think next time I go I am sure I will have plenty of helping hands. Any where I go people are so nice to open doors for me or offer to carry in a car seat in from the parking lot as they see me trodding through the snow with heavy cars seats and 16 lbs boys. I am so grateful for how kind and how willing to help perfect strangers have been to me.

My mom was so nice to take work off while I was gone. She slept with me so she could help me out with the boys since Jordan wasn't with me. The boys have this sound machine that plays the ocean, I kept trying to convince my mom it's like being at the beach, your on vacation every day! She didn't buy that, I am confident she was happy to sleep quietly once we left.

I decided since Jordan wasn't there and I wasn't paying for two, it was ok for me to order whatever I wanted when we went out. We went to this awesome Sushi and Steak house, let me tell you the sushi was the best sushi I have ever had, it was amazing! For those of you who don't like sushi, you'll like it after you've had this! Man, that is the first place I am going when I travel back! Then I was able to go to Texas Roadhouse. We actually just got one here in Michigan, but I haven't had a chanceto go to it, and before this I haven't lived next to one since Ricks! so, I definitely had to make a trip to get those amazing rolls and cinnamon butter.

I also got a chance to see some friends while I was there. It is so hard to step out and get away from family. It seems no matter how long I come to visit, it still never seems long enough, I never get a chance to do everything I wanted to. When I do get that chance to see friends and spend time with them I always have so much fun and I am grateful for that time with them. I haven't seen Chrissy and Kristen since high school so it was so nice to see them this visit, I thought they had fallen off the face of this earth it's been so long! Becky made the best chicken fajitas and had us all over at her house, I still need to get that recipe!! Her daughter Kalaya is so dang cute and was so sweet to the boys.

My sister Nikki has made rag quilts for some of the nieces and nephews when she is able to fit it into her busy life with her five kids. This visit she taught my sister, michelle, and my mom how to make them. During the "breaks" while the boys were taking naps my mom showed me how to make them. I was so happy about that because I am a very visual person and it would have been hard to do by listening to the instructions rather then watch them, especially because I am just a beginner sower. So far I have made two, I finished the one I started in Boise here in Michigan for my sister-in-law who is expecting in May, with matching burp cloths, and I just got done with my second one for an upcoming shower. I am really excited about these, I even sowed the decorative design on the quilt, I was so proud of myself.

This was the first time my family has met Ayden and Gavin, besides Nikki and my mom who came down then they were born. My nieces and nephews were so cute with them. At one point my nephew Jacob, who's 10, moved the bouncer on one side and had the jumper on the other and had a boy in each one so he could take care of them both, it was so cute! Also, before I left my sister-in-law called and asked if we could bring the boys to my nephews class. They had been learning about Martin Luther King Jr. and how he wished that there would come a day that color wouldn't matter, and he thought it was so cool that it doesn't in our family, so he wanted to bring the boys for show and tell. How can your refuse that! It was so cute. My niece Gabby, who is 8, has also given her class a cultural lesson and told her class that her new twin cousins are part of our family even though they don't "match" us. She said families are all different and that these twins mommy was too sick so her Aunt Chandra and Uncle Jordan will take them and be their BEST Mommy and Daddy.

I am so grateful for my family, I feel their love for me everyday which means so much being so far away. They always make me feel so good when I come to visit. It was sad to leave, but also nice to get home and get the boys back on a normal schedule and not living out of a suit case. One day we'll live closer, we hope anyway!

6 comments:

Steph said...

Ok three things...

1) I wish I could have been there eating Becky's fajitas with all 4 of your cute butts and those 3 litte CUTIES! I bet Kelaya was just soooo cute with them!

2) After I get back from my yoga training I am driving up there to have you teach me to make those rag quilts. Ever since I was there with Nikki I have been dying to learn and I want to make one for my sis-in-law!!!! Soooo cute, good work on them too!

3) I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN MAY WITH BECKY!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to have WAY too much fun!

Love ya girl!

Jenn said...

I can't get over how cute your boys are!!!!!!

Tara G. said...

Great talking to you today! Those quilts are so cute and look really warm!! I can't believe how sweet your little nieces and nephews were with Gavin and Ayden. I'm glad you had a good time visiting but I agree, it's much easier being home where everything is nice & convenient. Hope the boys are better soon!

MKB said...

I still want to gobble up those two cuties of yours. You will have to let me know when you come into town next so I can play with them.

Carrie said...

Hey Chandra-
I'm glad you got to go home and have your family spend time with your cute boys. I still remember all of us going to Texas Roadhouse on Valentine's Day in our matching shirts in Idaho Falls! That was fun and such a long time ago.

Jess and Tom Francom said...

Ok, that was so cute! I love the pics of all the kids, and of course the song! So fun to see those girls from high school too, I bet that was so fun to catch up!