Friday, March 14, 2008

Good bye Explorer, Hello NEW car!


Jordan said all I needed to do to get a new (probably used, but new to us) car I needed to sell our explorer. For the longest time he has said that it isn't worth anything and we should just run it to the ground, I never agreed with that and it's a good thing I didn't

Our Explorer is a '94 that we bought in 2004 from my dad and when we got it, it only had like 80,000 miles on it, not bad! Now in 2008 it still was under 100,000 miles (98,700) and in pretty good shape. It was in one accident and it was only body damage to the car that we got fixed for a pretty good price in CA. It has been a good car for us, but now with the boys it's pretty crammed, plus the longer we have it the harder it would be to sell. It is actually fine in size for us and the boys, but for instance when my mom and sister came into town and we wanted to go anywhere all together, my mom sat in the back trunk with the stroller half the time (seriously don't ask) and sharing shot gun with my sister the other half.

Anyway, Jordan should learn to watch what he says to me, I either (A) Never forget a promise he makes or (B) any time he gives me a "condition" Such as the one to sell the car then we can get a new one, or an ultamatum in a decision I try my hardest to accomplish the task so I can have my way. I would have to say he should be very afraid. I feel very confident in my ability to get things done!

So, I put the car up for sell and sold it the next day! Now we are down to one car, with no back-up. Which I should let you know another thing I told Jordan we should do and now he realizes why I am ALWAYS right (ok maybe 95% of the time). I told him we should find a car, then sell our car. No way, remember, in his eyes we couldn't sell the explorer so now we have to do with out (I am sorry let me correct myself "I" have to do with out since he takes the car to work) until we find another one!

Sorry about all the sarcasm, I just like to emphasize all the ways in which I was right! Jordan is pretty happy about what we got for the car so he is willing to admit he was wrong in all of the above ways! =) I love him! I am excited for more room in a new car!

The boys were so good. When I got t the call that someone wanted to look at it, I wasn't prepared, the oil needed to be changed and the carpets were filthy from all the salt and snow. They had one nap all day(a pretty good one in the moring, 2hrs) and missed their second one because it took forever to get the car ready to look at! They are doing pretty well compared to even a month ago, usually they are freaking out when they are tired, I must say they are growing up! =)

3 comments:

Steph said...

Hahaha! I love being right too!!! Girl, you gotta get a car soon. Can't believe you sold yours that fast though!

Jenn said...

Hey, at leats you have the fun part to look forward to (buying a new car). I love getting a new car;-)

Tara G. said...

So are you going to take a picture of the new car or what??? I want to see your old lady car..j/k