Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hogle Zoo

We got a pass to the Zoo this year and it has been so great!! We have used it quit a few times already and our kids love it!! Ayden always talks about going and loves to go, but when we get there he is very cautions, won't leave the stroller and does not like to be on the same side as the animals or to close, so i don't understand why he loves it so much. Maybe he just likes getting out of the house and this is more fun than the store!! They have these dinosaurs that move (in place) and look pretty real all through out the park, and Ayden and Gavin worry about the one that sprays water every time at the beginning of the zoo, and make sure we don't get to close to any of the other ones, Ava and Easton love them though!

So I went for the first time to the zoo when I was 8 months pregnant. I have to saw I was so cooped up in the house and it was a free day and I had some friends that were going so i gave it a try. That zoo has so many hills!!!! I was pretty proud of my kids, they did a good job and we saw pretty much all of the animals. I was exhausted! I had a 3 seat stroller full of kids and a backpack with another child in it going up a down the hills.

The next time we went was with Jordan's mom and sister, Jordan was a work, and it was shortly after I had Carter. I don't know what it was, I had two helpers and I was more exhausted at the end of this trip and we didn't even get to see all the animals!! I am pretty sure it was the pregnancy that that had me all worn out. I probably just out did myself so soon after having Carter, I went to bed at 8:30 that night and that is pretty dang early for me! But we did have a lot fun, my kids got to ride the train for the first time, they had a lot of fun at the little park there and there favorite place was the insect house that they ran all through and it is still there favorite place every time we go!





They love seeing the elephant every time we go, that is one of their favorite


After the elephant they are always asking about the rhinos


Grandma smith bought them some ice cream. Yummy!!!





The insect house - there favorite place to run around









The play area


My family came down for Carter's blessing and we went with my parents, and we were going to meet my brother, but he got there when we were about to leave, so it was just us and my parents, and it was a pretty calm day with my kids, it was nice. Ava loved this stroller and did so well in it.

Ava and Gavin love getting out and looking at the statues, I am sure Easton would too, but we always have him in the backpack because it's to hard to get him to want to get back in after he has tasted the freedom of being out, so we for the most part we leave him in it.



They are building a polar bear exhibit and have a lot of construction, so they put these by it for little kids to play along with


A few pictures from some random visits at the zoo



Ayden is terrified of the Giraffes, I don't know why, but my other kids love them!

No comments: