Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Easton turned 1 on Oct. 26, 2009







His one year stats:

Weight: 24 lbs 6.5 oz (75%)
Length: 31 in. (95%)
Head size: 19.25 (90%)

Easton is growing up so fast!! He is is so aware and active. He just wants to be part of the groups doing what they are doing. He LOVES animals and tries to imitate the sounds of them. He definitely has the "Ruff Ruff" down! He is so loving and gives great hugs and kisses to even his brothers and sister. He is quick to catch on to things, after a few trial and errors and bit of a frustrated tantrum, but he gets it. Another he loves is cars, just like his brother Ayden. He started pushing them around at about 10 months and has never lost interest, he loves them. He started walking right before he turned 13 months and has loved every minute of it!

He started sleeping through the night when he turned one(seriously on the date!) but I am still really struggling with his nap. He only gets one nap, he stopped taking his morning nap around 10 months, he just wouldn't have it. But his one afternoon nap is a killer for me, so any advice is welcomed. I will rock him in the beginning lay him down he wakes right up and freaks out, I have let him cry up to an hour and nothing, he keeps going. I think he cries so long that it eventually makes him poop, so i always have to go in at about an hour to change him and then rock him and lay him down. But then it has to be on my bed or else he won't stay down. At night he wakes up when we lay him down and he cries for like 2 seconds and then stops and goes to sleep. i have even tried laying him down without rocking him. At his nap he just cried like he always does and never goes to sleep. At night he cried for 15 minutes then went to sleep. Seriously, i don't know what to do with him. The only way he stays down for his nap is if I lay by him the entire time, which most of t he time I can't do because I am dealing with my boys who are fighting there nap or trying, key word trying to get dinner done. It is killing me for a number of reasons, but the biggest one is I need a break, and him doing this gives me no break. And I let him cry, but it doesn't make for a relaxing break that is for sure. Any advice?!?

Other than his nap, he is a happy baby who loves to play, especially outside. He reminds me a lot of Ayden and Gavin when they were his age. He has been a pretty good eater for the most part. In the morning he has to have eggs and yogurt, that seems to be what fills him up the best. Then he continues to eat what everyone else is having through out the morning. He has 4 teeth on the bottom and two on the top. Just recently I saw in his mouth he now has a set of molars on the bottom as well, I had no idea. I guess that explains his sudden loss of appetite these last few weeks.

He is great at letting us know what he wants. He points or walks up to it, but my favorite is he has a way of fluctuating the sound of his voice to tell us different things. So even though he can't talk, he is definitely learning to communicate!

We love this smiley little boy so much and we are grateful to have him in our family.


6 comments:

Jens and Patricia said...

Baylor fights sleep like it is death, so I totally understand the loss of a break. I am sorry. He sure is a cutie. I can't believe all these babies are one already!

Hallie Owens said...

Had no idea you guys were moving. So bummed we will not be able to see you guys anymore, I know it wasn't that much. You are a true inspiration and we pray for the Lord to be with you always and good luck with the move!

Donna said...

HaPpY (belate) BiRtHdAy, Easton!

And CoNgRaTs, Mom and Dad and all the kiddos on your soon to be next addition! I'm sure it sounds crazy and probably feels overwhelming, but trust that God knows what He is doing. ;-) And I will certainly keep you in my prayers - that you have the extra strength (!) and that you feel the love around you from everyone sharing in the good news!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

I can't believe Easton is one, yeah! I love his pictures, he is so photogenic. Kyra was everywhere when we got her one year photos, I think I got one cute one, maybe! Anyways I still can't believe your pregnant. I'm so excited for you guys. Your family is growing sooooo fast everytime we talk. I love and miss you a lot. I hope the move to Utah goes great, wish I could be there to help you guys out. Hope to talk to you soon! Love ya!

Amanda&Brady said...

so glad you are in utah!! I just got your christmas card and sent you one back!!!!!

MoJo said...

I'm just now catching up with your blog and am so happy for your new little boy on his way! I wanted to let you know that you last post meant a lot to me. You described how you were feeling so well (I'm not that good with words:) and I felt the spirit strongly. I'm so happy for you and your family. I understand the feeling of being wrapped in the Lords arms and being carried. Thank you for your thoughts. :) I think you're fantastic!