Thursday, January 6, 2011

South Haven Vacation

We got home from our long Boise trip and a week later headed down to South Haven for a vacation with Jordan's family. We had a week long vacation of fun on the beach. We stayed in a house that was a golf cart ride away from the beach. The house was definitely spacious enough for ALL of us which was great for the growing Smith family! Everyone was there except for Ben who is on a mission, we sure did miss him.





This is a view from the Hill right before you head down to the beach


The house had a big yard for all the kids to run around on when we weren't at the beach


Grandma Smith came prepared with lots of sand toys, bubbles, play doh and Popsicle for the kids!


There was also a pool near by we could use, but as for my family, this is all we used it for!

We went Berry picking and got some yummy raspberries, blueberries, and black berries to take home with us!

We took a trip down to the near by public beach and walked down this bridge to a light house. The waves were really strong on this day and would push onto the bridge and get ya if you were to close to the side. It was freaking me out with all my small kids, but a lot of fun. Ayden loved looking at the boats passing by.

Kristen took this picture and forgot to show the light house...


Good thing for Laura, we got it! My kids were scared because the waves were really kicking towards the end and I think we got all wet while trying to get a picture.


This is all true!! I told you, I was freaking out! I was scared for my kids, especially Ava who isn't scared of anything!


The kids went walking along the beach chasing the Seagulls and picking up sea shells with Aunt Kassie


I have got to say, the most fun was on the beach!! It was fun to watch all the kids.

Jordan has taken all the kids out in the water at about the age and now it was Easton's turn. I didn't know how he would do, and I think he was alright for a little bit, but he enjoyed the sand the most and letting the water come to him slowly from the waves.


Ava LOVED the beach!! she would just roll all over in the sand, she was loving it!! Everyday we got home from the beach I swear she carried half the sand home with her!

Ava playing with her cousin Haven

Ayden and Gavin loved the sand as well, but would not go near the water, they are definitely a lot more hesitant about things.

Easton loved the sand. He would hold his favorite blue shovel in his hand and hit ad play with the bucket in front of him. He also seemed to think the sand tasted pretty good, so we had to keep our eye on that!

It was a lot of fun to see all the Dad's playing with all the kids and enjoying the beach
I know Jordan really appreciated the break and the chance to be with his family. He even had a chance to go kayaking with his Dad and spend some quality time with him.

This is one of my favorite pictures of the trip!! The last day wouldn't you know, Ayden and Gavin realized how fun the water was and it really wasn't that scary after all!


Ava of Course had to get as sandy as can be on the last day at the beach


We had a lot of fun and don't get together as often as we would like, we are hoping to be able to have more family reunions more often!

3 comments:

Travis, Kassie, Ellie and Haven said...

Love this post!! We had such a good time, wish we could live like that every day! You have motivated me just a little to finish my post on this trip! Sure miss you guys, Haven asks all the time when you guys are going to come back.

ErinandShane said...

These are the cutest pictures EVER! I love your family photos with all the bright colors too.

Jason Both said...

Look at all those fun activities. I can't immagine doing it with four kids. Three kids at the beach in the summer can be exausting for me. My kids are wanting to venture deeper and deeper into the water though and I get nervous about that. I love all the pictures.