Friday, May 1, 2009

Feb was a month of exciting news for us!

(This is Jordan's contribution, he was way to excited to do this!)


YES it is true, I am pregnant!! 14 weeks to be exact!We found out 10 days after Sweet Ava came into our home. It was quit a surprise to see that yes on the stick. I was excpecting the "No" response I typically got when I thought I might be pregnant. It was funny because it was during the weekend of my shower and Stephanie was in town (who is also pregnant). On the way back from getting the test we were talking about how funny it would be to trick Jordan and have her pee on the stick, I guess she didn't have to!

We feel like this is even more of a confirmation that Ava was supposed to be in our home. I felt such an urgency to get our papers in and had no idea why, I kept thinking to myself "are we really ready?" I know we needed to have her here before we found out the news of our pregnancy. The Lord truly knew who needed to be in our home before we could bring children into this world. I am just in shock that he let it happen so quickly. I really wonder what he is thinking, we will have 4 children all 2 and under ( and that is no 2 1/2, they will barely have turned 2!).

My first due date was November 2nd, which is Jordan's birthday. It was funny to hear his response to that. He said " There is no way I am sharing my birthday with someone else" I had to remind him he was a twin and is already sharing his birthday, a minor detail he forgot about! Guess you're not too important Travis. =) We have switched doctors just because of the choice of hospital we wanted to go to and the other due date is not much different, but is Oct. 31, Halloween!! So I don't think we will have trouble forgetting either date.

We wanted to spread the good news, and yes it is good news. We have faith that the Lord knows what he is doing. My thought is that he already tried to teach me patience, now that I still haven't conquered it, he is forcing it on me. Here is My 14 week belly. It's at the end of the night so in the morning it is typically a little smaller, once the food starts coming it fills out pretty quick!

So, I know I have no make-up on in this picture, my husband already pointed that out (jokingly, he is really not that mean, at least I hope not!). It is really hard not to compare myself to all those Moms I see at the store all done up, I don't know how they do it. I am so embarrassed when I go anywhere, I feel like such a slob. I have taken my car into the dealership a few times to get fixed and every time it happens to be a day that I couldn't even force myself to get ready, it was really just impossible. every time I go there I feel like they are thinking I am the lady always in my Pj's never ready for the day. Anyway, if anyone can let me in on the secret that would be great!

31 comments:

Steph said...

I want to be the first "official" congrats!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you enough how excited I am for you! That was an incredible weekend girly. I love you girl and you don't need secrets, you are the most naturally beautiful mama in the world!!!!!!!

MKB said...

Well this is so awesome! Congrats.

But seriously if you feel guilty for not getting ready for the day when you have 3 children and you are pregnant I have no hope because I only have one child and somedays I could careless if I am ready....oh and trust me you look better undone then I do ready for the day.

Jens and Patricia said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. I don't get ready every day..sadly I usually only get the most ready on the days I have to work and lately those days aren't looking so good either!

Mal said...

Congrats Chandra, I am so happy for you guys! I really admire you, having 3 kids under 2 and being pregant. That's not an easy task! Don't worry about the not getting ready thing, I don't either and I only have one! But really you look great!

Jess and Tom Francom said...

Chandra, Chandra, Chandra! I am in awe. You are amazing! If you have one calling in life... it is to be a mama! Not just because of the babies, but all the craft projects and cutesy things that you do too. I'm so happy for you and your family! Just think how much fun this will all be in five or six years.... soccer games, primary.... so fun! Heavenly Father has a marvelous plan for you! Good luck girl....

Donna said...

WOW!! CONGRATULATIONS! Isn't God just amazing with His perfect timing!
Don't be so hard on yourself about not getting ALL done up! You look amazingly beautiful in that picture and on top of it all, you're smiling! A feat in and of itself with three toddlers/babies and one on the way!
(Okay since you asked, when the twins first came home at 14 mos and were RUNNING non stop - the only makeup I could manage was what little I could put on IN the car. I'ld get them all strapped in, turn on the radio and dab some mascara on before I was off and running!)
CONGRATULATIONS again on creating such a beautiful family under God's roof!

Syd said...

OMGoodness!!! That is so exciting!! I love to hear sweet adoption miracles like that!! So fun. Your children are so lucky!!

And yeah, I have no idea on the getting ready trick...maybe they have nannies!! :)

CONGRATS to your sweet family!!

Jason Both said...

Oh my gosh! That's incredible. Don't be worried about looking beautiful or having a perfect house. I've given up on that for the time being. My sister just had her wedding yesterday, and it is the first time people around here have seen me really done up. I think they were suprised to see me with my hair down and noticeable makeup. I don't get how some women do it either. Babies take so much time and energy, but they're totally worth it.

Travis, Kassie, Ellie and Haven said...

Yea, I am so glad that the word is out so everybody can celebrate the awesome news. So excited for you guys!!! And you always look beautiful!

Carrie said...

Wow, congratulations! What an non-stop exciting time for your family! Your belly looks adorable. I can't even remember the last time I blow-dried and straightened my hair and I only have 1 kid!

Rachel said...

Hi Chandra, you don't me. I am Rachel and I am cousins with Kassie. I was looking at Mallory's blog and on her list was Smith Family, so I clicked on it thinking it was Kassie's blog, and it was yours. I just want to say congratulations to you! You have a beautiful family! Your words brought tears to my eyes! I admire the faith you have in the Lord! Again congrats and i wish you the best!:)

Mandee said...

AAAHHHHHH!!!! If anyone could handle 4 under the age of three you could! Oh. My. GOSH!!! CONGRATS! I love you!!!

PS- You are gorgeous with or w/out makeup!

Nicole said...

Yeah Chandra!!! I am so happy for you! That is so exciting. You are such a neat person, I look up to you so much! Congrats!

T and B said...

This is the best news i've heard in a long time! I am so happy for you guys. Chandra, you are amazing! I hope you are feeling well.

Nikki Ogden said...

That is AMAZING!!!! The Lord knows what he is doing sending so many sweet babies to you! You are awesome with them!!! I am so happy for you!

Carla Geddes said...

That is WONDERFUL news Chandra.. I am so excited for both of you.
I can't wait to know if you are expecting a boy or a girl... you get 2 baby showers in 1 year... how fun... and with 4 children under 2, I think you deserve not only the gifts but a prize too. LOL... I admire the fact that you can do it. I would never be able to keep my sanity with those little ones to care for. I hope your pregnancy is a WONDERFUL time. All the best.

Adam & Jetta said...

Congratulations!!!!

Matthew Harline Lyman said...

Chandra,
WE are so excited for you. Congratulations. And you know I don't have the secret, please let me know if you find it, although I am sure you do not need a secret you always look perfect.
Miss you and your cute family,
Love,
Rosemary

Talyor Family said...

That's so exciting Chandra!! Michele told me awhile ago, but wasnt sure when you were going to go public! I think the only reason she told me was cause you and I are only 7 days apart!! OUr due date is Oct 23 and it as well was a schock and surprise!! Well congrats! You look great and there is no secret to getting out of your jammies I still stay in mine all day! Maybe just put a clean pair on at some point in the day!!! Good luck and Congrats!!

The Gibson's said...

I am so excited for you!!! Congrats and good luck girl.

Tara G. said...

Congratulations!!!(Again) You look so cute pregnant. We can't wait to find out what you are having. Keep us posted! How was the zoo, by the way? Sorry I didn't get back to you - we were painting the basement all weekend.

Hallie Owens said...

I just called and told Michelle. We are both so excited for you and still trying to swallow it as I am sure you are. We would love to help you in any way we can. The Lord does play a hand in all of this. You are right about that. Congratulations!

The Michiganders said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! Yipee! I am so stunned and thrilled for you! If anyone can handle 4 kids under two it is you! You are such a great mom! Congrats!

Michelle Colt said...

well,i'm not so sure there is room 4 another comment, but we are excited 4 u!! the pic of the kids with the comments is hillarious!! good job jordan! i'm typing with one hand and 2kids crawling up me, hence the no caps....i love u guys!!

The Bennett's Tall Tales and True Stories said...

I'm so thrilled! You look beautiful with your little pregnant belly poking out. I love it! How exciting and totally CRAZY! Yay, yay, yay!

Hailey said...

OH MY Chandra! That is AMAZING... a miracle!! I bet you are the best little mom ever! I hope that you have been feeling good with the pregnancy. You look so cute and have the tiniest little belly. I always feel like I am the one who never gets ready too. You still look beautiful without make-up! CONGRATULATIONS and good luck with everything.

carlpam3 said...

Chandra that is so awesome and yes heavenly father is in charge and he knows what great parents you both are and will be.
That is so neat it will be hard but if anybody can do it you can. Congrats!!!!

Christina and Cory said...

Look at that tummy!! You are beautiful without any makeup. You have that mommy glow about you. I love you and miss you all. xoxo

Mandi said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! You look great. I hope you are feeling well!!!

The Elders said...

YAYYYY! How exciting! That would be a wonderful surprise to get. Hope you are feeling well. No worries about no make-up and stuff, I have 1 kid (for only 4 more months) and I struggle getting ready.

Matt and Tommi +4 said...

Holy Crap Chandra!!!! I don't know how I missed this one! I am such an idiot. Congratulations! That is so awesome. Wow. You are sure going to have your hands full! I know you can handle it. And don't worry about not putting on makeup everyday. I used to look at other moms that were all cute and feel like I was a slob and then I realized that I had more kids than they did and mine were closer together in age. That is definitely the case for you. You can't do it all but you do what is most important and your good at it! I love you Chan! Congrats again!