Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ok so I am working on the Utah part of my trip, I am just waiting for some pictures to come. In the mean time, We have had a lot of new things going on and I wanted to share. First things first....THE BOYS ARE SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!! Wooo Hooo!!! It all started on Labor Day and has been bliss ever since! Their One Year birthday is tomorrow so I wanted to start weaning them off their bottles because formual is way to expensive, one years old and it's gone!!!! no questions aks. So I started taking out their middle bottle (of 3) and giving thm yogurt before their nap which they did really well with, however after that their bottles stopped putting them to sleep. And obviously yogurt is not going to put themto sleep and I am the only one home. So since I can't obviously rock them both, and they didn't act even a little sleepy, the only thing I could do was just put them in bed. Gavin had a hard time at first so once Ayden would fall asleep we would go in and rock Gavin for a little bit, but now he has got the hang of it, and for some reason Ayden is now struggling. I am tellin gy ou if it is not one thing it's the other. Seriously they are never together on things. For instance, when I got back from our trip Ayden was waking up at 7 like it was a religon, the night Gavin decides to sleep through the night, Ayden decided to wake up at 5:30 again..honestly!!! But they are back on track again, but again if it's not one thing it's another. I can't tell if they are ready for one nap or not. I tried it a few weeks ago and Ayden was really struggling andit wasn't as long as I was hoping since it's makin gup for 2 naps. But now, it takes them like 30-45 min before I hear them acctually put themselves to sleep and then they take a 40 min- 1 hr. nap, which is not good for what they typically do. So now I am wondering if I should try the one nap again. Along with all of this I am OFFICALLY OUT OF FORMUAL!!!! As of last night I ran out. I wasn't quit sure how to handle it becasue Jordan was going to be gone at school for the evening so I just gave them some whole milk and some nilla waffers. And this morning I just gave them some fruit with milk again. I am just trying to supplement it with snacks. They seem to be handling it ok.

The boys love balls and for the last month or two Gavin has been taking them and putting them in his mouth and walking around, it is so funny. Just the other week Ayden started doing the same thing. He pops the ball in his mouth and when you start laughing at him it is so funny to watch becasue she starts to smile but tries to hold it so the ball will stay in and gives a little smirk before it falls out. I have a picture of Gavin, but still need to get one of Ayden as well.



I got one, they are just too cute!!

They also started sucking on suckers which kills me to watch. They are funny little boys. Ayden holds it right by the sucker and slobers all over until he has wet the stick so bad that it cant hold the rest of the sucker and it falls off as the stickyness drools all down his arm. Also, when he feels the need he thinks it's pretty funny to hit Gavin with his sucker which at times sticks to Gavin's cheek, hair, or arm. Gavin nicely takes a suck, then closely observes his sucker, then does it all over again until it's gone and it lasts forever. But he is also pretty dirty at times as well with it, of course, it's a sucker, and one nasty thing he does is hold it upside down on the sticky sucker side and then just chews on the stick. It's a sticky MESS! But it keeps them quit at needed times!

Also, I cut my hair. Now, there is a reason why it got so long in the first place and why I will never cut my hair in Michigan again. I have played with it 100 different ways trying to figure out how to hide it or make it cute, and it is hopeless, I HATE it!! So for those of you who knew I cut my hair and keep asking to see pictures here is a picture of my hair straight and curly. Let's never speak of this hair cut again!!!!! These will be the last pictures of myself until I get some confidence back.


They also finally started mom-to-mom sales again I have made some wonderful purcases. One was this Little Tikes Slide for $10!! and then we also got the boys swings for the swing set at Once Upon A Child for $8! So it's been fun watching them play on their new toys.

Dr. Jekle and Mr. Hyde.......

And finally... Ayden sucking a stick =)

7 comments:

Travis, Kassie, Ellie and Haven said...

I know you don't want to mention it, but I LOVE your hair!! It looks way cute flipped out.

K and M said...

Don't you just love having a basement and a backyard with such active boys?! I can't believe they'll be one year old! That's incredible. Congrats on finally getting them to sleep through the night! What a wonderful milestone.

Tara G. said...

Did they both start sleeping through the night at the same time!? That's crazy! Seriously, will you call me next time you go to one of those mom sales? I need some toys for our basement.

I really like your hair flipped out too, it's so cute. I'm sorry you're not happy with it. I know how that goes.

Tara G. said...

P.S. We didn't stop giving Maya a bottle w/ milk (@ nighttime) until she was like 18 months old. I think WE were more attached to it than her. It made her so sleepy. Miraculously though, she started sleeping better all night without the bottle before bed. Okay, I'm done now.

Donna said...

What a wonderful update! The boys are just so precious! And congrats on making some huge milestones - that's really great!

Coming from another mom of ON-THE-GO twin boys - I know how much use you will get out of your new purchases! ;-)

MKB said...

Umm...if my hair looked that good I would be one happy person. I LOVE YOUR HAIR!

And the boys oh my gosh! seriously if I ever see you when you come to Boise your boys will go missing. They are so cute!

Colleen said...

i love your hair. it is so cute. the boys are adorable.