Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Memorial Weekend


This Memorial Weekend we really did have a lot of fun "Family Time" together.
We started off by going to the Toledo Zoo, it really is a fun one. The thing for me that makes it most exciting is it is by a Friendly's restaurant where we can go afterward and get some food and some yummy ice cream! It was a fun and very hot day. Being how mobile Ava is, and being the age that she is with no interest in listening when we tell her to follow us, the backpack seem to work the best for her at the zoo, or on any outing like this that we go on and there is going to be a lot of walking. She is a machine and I am sure would walk all day unless she got thirsty, which she is often, or ready for a nap. She has never fallen alseep in the car, but on the way home she did on this day.

We also had a lot of fun outdoors withe the weather being so nice!
Seriously how cute is he?!? We love this little boy!
Jordan set up our canopy so we had some shade and a nice place to sit down and eat.


Ava has not been a big eater these days, but was loving the corn!


I made some good use of my sling as always!


We got a bigger pool for the kids to play in and for us to be able to sit in with them and the kids really love it. We also got a little splash pool for Easton and Ava, it has been great, but has already popped and been replaced, because of my boys running through it. I don't think it should pop so easily, it's a little frustrting. But very cute and my kids enjoy it.



Ava running with excitement to the camera, she thinks she gets to have it...


Easton is a little ham and smiles for every picture...


So I have like 10 pictures of this same shot, but being his Mom, they all look different, with a slightly different expression on his face and I would love to show each of them. I am aware that to anyone else they would just look the same so instead of boring you with them, I will just show my 2 favorite.
We also got out our fire pit and roasted some marshmellows, which is one of my favorite things to do. This day Jordan was saying he felt like he was on a roll. He BBQ'd some grea chicken and got the fire going for the marshmellows pretty wuick, what a good man I have!



Jordan doing some reading for school with the boys doing some pretty important reading themselves.


And finally time to get clean!

2 comments:

ErinandShane said...

I dont even know what to specifically comment on, I just love this whole post!

Michelle Colt said...

Chan I think that Easton is so looking like you!! I can picture your baby pictures when I see his cute smiling face!! And wow that is one crowded tub! I thought my tube was full. I wish I could get all four in at the same time! They are to big for that, but it would make bath time so much faster!!