Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The boys 2 year updates


The boys 2 year stats:


Ayden-

Height 34 3/4
Weight 28 lbs 7.5 oz


Gavin-

Height 35 1/2
weight 27 lbs 6 oz

Ayden and Gavin are growing so fast. They are both starting to get there words out the best they can. They LOVE animals, Gavin can almost go through and name every single one and their sound. Ayden loves Bucks (trucks) and airplanes. He is really good with his truck, vacuum, and airplanes noises (they all sound exactly the same). Every time we see a picture of a plane he always has to go back so he can look at it some more. He loves putting hats on, he has this army one that he LOVES, and loves pushing just about anything.

They both LOVE books, they always have there noses buried in them. When I go into the other room to rock Ava, I can always find them together on the floor with books surrounding them in the hallway, or on the chair, looking at their books. If I tell Ayden to leave Ava alone with her toys and to go get his own, he says "Book" then runs and goes to get one and then says "sit" because he wants to sit on my lap. They love the outside even if it is just running around in the front yard, but lately they say "outside" and they go straight to the car because they want to sit in there seats and watch a movie and read their books. So now whenever we go somewhere we have to make sure we have their blankies, binky's, and their BOOKS! They kill me! They have a lot of personality. Gavin is very kind and loving and loves to play with Ava, he still is working on how to do it softly. He loves routine, it's hard to get him out of it. He sits in his high chair and before he eats he has to have a movie on and his blankie and his binky. When we bring dinner and his drink to him, he wants it set on the table until he is ready. When he is ready, he hands us his blankie, unclips his binkie, and he is ready to go. For the most part he gets to it pretty quickly, but he has to have the first step first. I know, I know, I sound like a horrible mom. A DVD player for the car and one on the table. Let me just tell you, it has been heaven for me. It is so hard to make dinner with them on my legs begging for what ever I am making, even if they don't end up liking it, and wanting to see what I am doing and helping or bugging Ava while I am trying to cook so I have to keep stopping and dinner never gets done. So I get them all ready for dinner put them in their high chairs and put a movie on. So their love for "movies" and books balance out right?!? Anyway, he is like an elephant that never forgets - he always remembers the order of things. And when something needs to be found, he always seems to know where it is and is so proud of himself.

Ayden is our little clown. He is on the go ALL the time and seems to never slow down. He seems to love hopping and does it all over the house. He also loves to help, it is his favorite thing. He loves being our go and get it boy. He loves to try to get things for us, and yes I said try, it is funny to see the things he brings us when we ask him to go get something. He loves to sweep and especially loves to help with the dishes. He watches us mix things when we are making dinner and has now carried that on to his dinner plate. Yes, he is still the messiest little boy I have ever seen!! He is very loving, but has a problem with steeling toys, but does have a sweet side to that. He had a toy first and Gavin tried to trade him and Ayden did not want to trade so Gavin threw a fit. Ayden saw how upset he was and tried to trade him even though he wanted the toy. He also loves to love Ava, but has an even harder time being soft. He is definitely our little wild man with a lot of energy to get out. He is very enthusiastic about everything whether it be happy or mad, it is always extreme. He is very goofy and knows how to make us and his brother laugh.

Ava is a moving machine. She is now starting to crawl or at least try and crawl, and even though she is still trying to get the hang of it, she is really getting around. She is so content and happy on the ground, until, her brothers come. The second we set her down with toys her brothers come and seriously pounce on her and try to play with her toys and take them away. They are always taking the things she holds onto and go "No, No, No" or they try and get my attention and say " Mommy, Mommy" and point to what she has and I am always telling them, she is fine, leave her ALONE!!!! So when they are down for their naps is when she seems to be most content and I can see why. She is so sweet and loving and gives us the best hugs. When she is sleepy, her little head nestles into my shoulder and she holds tight onto her blankets. Her little cries are so sad it's hard to ever hear them. She is definitely our little princess and adds that little sweetness we need in our home. With her brothers she is going to learn to be a tough little girl that's for sure!

We love our children and couldn't imagine any of them any different. They each add so much into our home.

Some cute pictures of all 3 of them. I know I am bias, but man, I have cute kids, this next one has a lot to live up to! =)



7 comments:

Tara G. said...

Haha, too funny. Maya was 28 pounds at her 3 year appt! Then Josh is a monster compared to cute, tiny Ava. Those pictures turned out great!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Oh my! Those pictures are sooooo cute! Are you so excited for the fourth? You have such a beautiful family! By the way - Bryce and I totally staged the photos in our last blog! We thought it would be funny b/c she really looks like shes standing, but what no one sees are the pillows, or our hands supporting her. We quickly let go to get the pics! Hope your having a great week! Talk to you soon!

Jess and Tom Francom said...

Those are seriously the cutest kids I've ever seen! I love them. You dress them so cute too! Good luck with the new baby. You'll do fabulous!

Nate the Great! said...

So cute. What pretty children you have! I swear those pretty little faces will make you money some day. lol! Love you guys

Christina and Cory said...

Hey there! Had to check your blog to make sure you hadn't popped! See that you wrote this a few days ago. They are getting so big. I can't wait to read stories to them and have them help me make dinner. And you are right, I've got to update my blog. Maybe I'll just post some pictures of our last camping trip or something! Love you :)

The Magnificents said...

Adorable kids Chandra! I love the pictures of all 3 of them. The baby will make the perfect addition to your family.

Matt and Tommi +4 said...

Those pictures of the three of them together are so adorable!!!