Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Projects

Here are some projects I have been working on the past few months starting in Feb. Once Ava came I have been a lot slower at getting things done.

These are some of the bags I have made. I got the rag quilt bag idea from my sister's sister-in-law. She does great work rag quilt projects. She has a website which I have a link for on the side where she sells patterns and other things. I wouldn't have gotten the pattern in time to have the first bag I did done, so I told Jordan what I wanted it to look like and he did the measurements..what a good man!! This one I did for myself, it was the second one I've ever done and I decided to add pockets and I was excited about how it turned out!








Blankets



Towels, binki chains, bibs, and burp cloths



A Tutu


This I was excited about. I couldn't find any blinds to go in Ava's room so Idecided to make some. I have fabric for a curtain for the bathroom that I have had forever, but I got more excited to get Ava's room done first!! This is the first time I've done a curtain like this, I still have another one to do, it's not perfect, things I would change, but I think it turned out alright, I was happy about it anyway.


Our sand box


Now these I really had no time to try and figure out how to do. So when my mom came into town I put her to work on these. I am glad I did too, because I didn't realize how hard it would be to do the striped material, mine would have been nothing like these. She did such a great job, I have been excited about these since she got them done, it makes a a difference. They are the pillow cases that can slip on and off through the slips that over lap in the back, I was really impressed with my moms sewing skills, but I knew she could do them, that's why I saved them for her!!

Before


After

I was really excited about my dressers as well. I got the idea from a girls blog also on the side of my blog called "Homemade by Jill" She has great ideas. I never thought to add paper decorative paper to the front, but I loved the idea. Then in the middle of my project I decided I better do it right the first time and decided to pain them as well, they look a million times better, I was super excited about how they turned out!!

Before

After


11 comments:

Steph said...

You are seriously the most crafty hot mama! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bag and blanket and other goodies you sent me. I show them off to everyone that stops by! I love you girl and am so excited for baby BOY!!!!

jared & amy nelson said...

Great projects. I just purchased an updated sewing machine this year with my tax refund so hopefully one of these days I will be as good as you. Also, your new pillows are great. I had some curtains made out of the red flower pattern one and love love love them. Looks like you are staying busy and having fun. Good. Talk soon. Amy Dance

Becky said...

AMAZING!!!! I want a bag you should sell them so I can buy one. Hope you are doing good need to see a post of the cute belly soon!!! luvs! :)

Tanya said...

oh my gosh you are so good with your sewing machine. i am so impressed. so i can't remember how i found your blog but i am coming out to tell you that i am totally a follower :o) your kids are way too cute and i was so excited that you are expecting. i actually have a few questions for you about adoption, and was wondering if you would be willing to help. my email is treyandlucyblog@gmail.com. i hope to hear from you soon!

Hallie Owens said...

You are amazing! I want to pay you to make me a blanket! I have the material.

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Chandra - I love everything you've made. It all looks so great. You make me want to be a more crafty person. I miss you! Hope life is great for you! Talk to you soon! Love ya girl!

Michelle Colt said...

If only I was as gun ho as you and as good as you are, my house might be a little bit cuter!! You do an awesome job!! You do need to move here so that you can help me!! Love ya!

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

Oh my gosh!! For anyone that just read the above comment from my SISTER, she is killing me. She does these awesome paint jobs in her kids rooms, paints canvases to match the themes, etc. You are killing me Michelle. As soon as me and Jordan are in a permanent home that we own, you and Nikki are coming over to do my decorating!!! Between my mom and my sisters I am the least creative!!

Jessie Nielson said...

You are definitely better at sewing than me. My mom helped me make your blanket, so I can't take the credit. I hope you are feeling well! Miss you!

The Bennett's Tall Tales and True Stories said...

Chandra, how do you have time to do all these projects! You totally need to sell stuff on etsy.com...you're so crafty! I love the dressers too! You're awesome!

The Gibson's said...

Wow, Chandra never in my college life would I expect to see you doing all these crafts and projects. You're amazing. I hope all is well. good luck with everything.