Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Messes

Ok so I was looking at my usual overwhelming mess that I have to clean up EVERYDAY and thought to myself I seriously have the worlds messiest boys EVER. So, my original thought was to take a picture and ask, does anyone else's house look like this at the end of the day. But when I took the picture it looked nothing like it actually did. It actually seemed manageable and not so bad. But I am telling you these pictures are deceiving. We seriously clean up everything in the kitchen and living room ( where it gets the messiest) pretty well every night, we vacum, swiffer, lysol, bat rugs, etc. And come on, by the end of the day I am over whelmed by the mess they make and knowing I have to clean it all over again. It takes at least 45 min every night to get everything back to where it was. I have moments of wondering what on earth we are going to do when this baby comes, we are tired now, I am sure we are going to experience the kind of tired we have never felt before. I came across this quote that I loved...

"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much."
- Mother Teresa

The mess was the worst of the floor, but a lot of it blends in



Messy, but the cutest little boys EVER!!





5 comments:

Jason Both said...

I feel the same way. I have to constantly clean to keep my place presentable. I long for the days of being home alone with one kid. My house was perfect then. My kids are getting old enough to help out more. However, I probably spend more time coaxing them to clean then if I did it myself. They have to learn somehow though as frustrating as it is. We actually took away ALL their toys a couple weeks ago until they can show us they really want them. They have made some efforts, but not as much as I expect yet. It'll come one of these days. Until then I just pray nobody drops by when my house is really bad.

Laura said...

haha, great post! We should have a contest of what our house looks like at the end of the day. Or in the middle of the day!! Linc is now getting into everything, so my house is always a disaster!!

The Elders said...

You are definitely not alone. i only have one (for 2 more months) and sometimes just say screw it, my sleep is so much more important, I'll deal with tomorrow.

Michelle Colt said...

Ya, did I say that you could stay at my house when you visited, I was kidding!! ha ha, j/k love ya chan!

Matt and Tommi +4 said...

I completely understand!!!!